Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Waiting Game and Looking for Housing

So once you have passed the WBI, had your phone interview, and received the, "we will let you know in 2-3 weeks", it is time to play the waiting game. (which I know sucks) Last year I believe I found out in 7 days, so it may or may not vary from what they told you.

Something I found really helpful in this period is figuring out where you want to live IF you are accepted into the program. Your options are Vista Way, Chatham Square, Patterson Court, and the Commons. During my last program I stayed in Chatham Square and absolutely loved it! Here I will give you a few pros and cons from what I experienced with the different living areas.

Chatham Square
Pros:
  1. Bus stop right out front
  2. Center for housing events
  3. Right next to Mickey's Retreat
  4. Graduation is held here
Cons:
  1. Not very close to any stores
  2. Sort of quiet (if you like to be social)
  3. not as new
  4. Not the cheapest to stay
Vista Way
Pros:
  1. This is a very social apartment complex
  2. Near to almost everything: Walgreens, Dollar Store, Dunks, etc.
  3. Cheapest complex to live in. 
  4. Bus stop out front
  5. Movie Rental place is there
  6. Learning Center is there
Cons:
  1. Worst reputation of the 4 complexes
  2. Not nearly as nice rooms
  3. Not near the rest of the complexes
Patterson Court
Pros:
  1. Nicest Apartments
  2. I believe it is the newest built.
  3. Easiest complex to get around.
Cons:
  1. Most expensive
  2. No bus stop
I really don't know much about the Commons, but what I do know is the first housing meeting that we are required to go to is located in that complex. I hear the apartments are really nice and it has a bus stop right out front, but is more expensive to live in.

Anymore questions, just ask

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment